TAKEUCHI CHRISTMAS HAT GIVEAWAY RULES AND REGULATIONS
December 1, 2018
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO THE 50 UNITED STATES AND CANADA
Takeuchi’s Christmas Hat Giveaway (Promotion) begins December 1 at 12:00 a.m. EST and ends December 21, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. EST (Promotion Period). Participants must be 18 years or older before the end of the first week’s Promotion period on December 7, 2018 and a legal resident of the 50 United States or Canada to win. The Promotion is sponsored by Takeuchi US, 519 Bonnie Valentine Way, Pendergrass, Georgia 30567 USA (“Sponsor”). All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary. Not responsible if lost or stolen. Not redeemable for cash.
- ELIGIBILITY / WHO MAY PARTICIPATE: The Promotion is open to natural persons who have reached the age of majority in their state, province or territory of residence and who are legal residents of the 50 United States or Canada who have internet access and a Facebook® account. All employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries (“Sponsor Personnel”) as well as any company that supplies or provides goods, services (including advertising and promotional services), or promotional consideration used in connection with the Promotion (“Suppliers”) and employees, officers, directors, and agents of Suppliers, their parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries (“Supplier Personnel”), the immediate families and household members of Sponsor Personnel and Supplier Personnel, and any distributors of Sponsor’s products, are not eligible to enter or win. Individuals may enter in each Entry Period. Anyone who is deemed a winner for one of the Entry Periods is eligible to win during any subsequent Entry Period.
- HOW TO ENTER: 1) Visit facebook.com/TakeuchiUS/. Read the contest posts and comply with the directions in the posts. One entry per person/Facebook account per Entry Period. Sponsor reserves the right to delete/remove any comment it deems inappropriate. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information by participants; lost entries or transmissions, interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions or the computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof; or problems associated with any virus or other damages caused to participant’s system. 2) Visit Takeuchi’s homepage at www.takeuchi-us.com and click on the entry ad and comply with the directions. One entry per Entry Period. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information by participants; lost entries or transmissions, interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions or the computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof; or problems associated with any virus or other damages caused to participant’s system.
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: There will be five winners per Entry Period. An eligible entry is defined as one that meet the requirements of the Christmas Hat Giveaway. Potential winners will be selected at random on Facebook Live Friday afternoons. Winners will be notified via email in the afternoons on December 7, 2018, December 14, 2018 and December 21, 2018. The winner will be asked to provide contact information (i.e. name and address) via email so that the prize can be awarded. In the event that a winner does not provide contact information within a reasonable time, or if a winner is determined to be or make themselves ineligible, the Sponsor will select another name at random on Facebook Live. All rules listed above with regard to eligibility will remain in effect for the remainder of the Promotion period. Winners will also be posted on Takeuchi’s Facebook page. All prizes will be awarded. There shall be no prize substitution or cash redemption. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Prizes are not transferable. Any taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
- CLAIMING PRIZE: By submitting their name and address to claim their prize, a person selected as a winner also agrees to: a) verify eligibility, grant his/her/their consent to the use of his/her/their name and likeness in advertising without further compensation, b) release Sponsor and its associates from all liability, claims and actions of any kind for injuries, damages or losses to persons or property which may be incurred in connection with the claiming, receipt or ownership of the prize, c) agree to assume any and all costs and liabilities that arise out of the winning of, or ownership of the prize, including but not limited to taxes, fees and costs that result from winning or using the prize, and d) agree to hold Sponsor harmless from any such liabilities.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: The decisions of Sponsor in all matters relating to the rules and administration of the contest shall be final. Sponsor does not rent, sell or exchange information about its customers, except the personal information that may be shared with Sponsor’s promotional partners to the extent necessary to award prizes. By participating in this Promotion, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to the Promotion. Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of promotion materials/mail submitted to Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Promotion. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor and its affiliated companies and agencies are not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors and may rescind, cancel or revoke this Promotion based upon any such error without liability and at their sole discretion. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws apply. By entering the Promotion, participants agree that Facebook, Sponsor and its promotional partners, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotion agencies and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, representatives and officers of any of the above shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property damages sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in this Promotion. As a condition of entering the Promotion, participant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, (2) all causes of action arising out of, or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, You understand and agree that Takeuchi US, anyone acting on behalf of Takeuchi US, and Takeuchi US’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Promotion, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Takeuchi US. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Takeuchi US from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Takeuchi US may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Takeuchi US reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Takeuchi US’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Takeuchi US may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Takeuchi-US. Takeuchi US reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Takeuchi US has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Promotion, to void “Likes” for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Promotion rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Takeuchi US reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Takeuchi US and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Promotion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF USA AND GEORGIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Georgia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Promotion). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Takeuchi US, 519 Bonnie Valentine Way, Pendergrass, Georgia 30567 USA. Requests must be received no later than December 30, 2018, 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Takeuchi US, 519 Bonnie Valentine Way, Pendergrass, Georgia, 30567 USA.
Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.